Thursday, April 20, 2023

What Turned Howard Stern Into A Pussy?

So Howard cannot understand the Bud Light backlash? Last time I read about The King of All Media was when he finally exited his home following the sensationalized COVID fiasco. Too frightened of an overhyped virus and unvaccinated people. Stern maintained a self-imposed quarantine long after it was trendy. Howard The Phobic.

In his day, Stern was brave, bold, truthful and insightful. Yes, he could be cruel, but man oh man, was he entertaining! At an age when I thought I was too old for heroes, Howard came into my life. I could praise him for hours, but knowing how the story ends tarnishes the memory.

The one tidbit I will mention, however, is that Stern revealed a different side of Donald Trump. I disliked Trump before I heard him on Stern's radio show. Surprisingly, Trump was witty and engaging and nothing like I thought he would be. Stern probably played a small part in Trump's eventual political success.

I lost track of Howard after he went to satellite radio. Maybe it was better that way. You don't want to watch your heroes after they are washed up. Think Muhammad Ali versus Larry Holmes. I would be sickened to the soul listening to Howard The Woke.

I won't spend too much time on the subject because it is depressing. Still, I will wonder from time to time what killed my hero. Well it didn't kill him, but it sure turned my hero into a pussy. I suspect acceptance has something to do with it. Stern rose to fame as the anti-celebrity, inciting feuds with the rich and famous and sometimes talented. At some point, Howard morphed into one more slice of celebrity white bread. I guess he got what he always wanted and he is afraid of losing it.

Thanks for the memories, Howard. Now please go away.



No comments: