Friday, November 2, 2012

View From New Hampshire

Excuses. Excuses. Yeah I was going to be more active this election. But moving about killed me. We broke, misplaced and lost stuff during the move, including cash. We held off steam cleaning rugs and furniture damaged in storage or during the move because we thought we would eventually find the steam cleaner attachments. We did not find the attachments and we found out it was almost as cheap to buy a new steam cleaner as to order the replacement parts from Shark.

With most of our possessions in boxes and bins, we were hit by Hurricane Sandy. That was a storm, my friend. We don't have too many trees close to the house but this storm launched a branch like a spear that punctured to roof and ceiling. We also lost power for six hours.

Nothing compared to what the people in New York and New Jersey face but it did change my priorities. Today, I would finally find an hour to visit Romney headquarters and work the phones. I dialed a couple of dozen numbers and mostly I left messages on answering machines. I talked to exactly one person who informed me she was voting for Obama.

There were perhaps a dozen people in the office about half of whom were working the phones. I chatted briefly with a couple of people and they seemed nervous. Each conversation was like talking to myself. We are miffed at Obama's appeal, especially in the wake of his disatrous job performance. We are puzzled about our family members who practice deliberate, intentional, willful blindness and proudly announce that they NEVER watch Fox News or listen to talk radio. We are scared about the ramifications of the stupification of America. We are scared of what America will be after four years of the most corrupt administration in US history.

I hope to swing by the Stratham office again tomorrow. Win or lose, I will feel at peace that I tried to stem the tide of fascism. I will try.

1 comment:

Hoosierman said...

Which of our family members practices deliberate, intentional, willful blindness?