Thursday, July 6, 2017

Trump Dreaming

I stumbled into this rabbit hole by accident. I do have an interest in paranormal activity, soothsaying, prophecy and the like. For me it's strictly a spectator sport. I don't have a tarot deck or Ouija Board or anything like that. Prophecy interests me.

I was vaguely aware of "The Trump Prophecy." That is, someone predicted Trump's presidency years ago. And of course there was "The Simpsons" episode. I din not know at the time that more than one person independently predicted Trump's presidency long before he announced his candidacy in 2015.

I would learn that all of the prophets were evangelical Christians. There is a prior post at this site concerning these prophets as well as a couple of other prognosticators. I am familiar with Christian fundamentalism but these people yielded some surprises. I had forgotten how many Fundies were obsessed with The End Times. I was also surprised at how seriously they took self-professed prophets. I thought that was considered blasphemous or something like that.

Other surprises: The frequency of "Bible Code" interpretations as well as pop numerology. Again, I thought that numerology might fall under the soothsaying umbrella and be frowned upon. Of course, I was also surprised at how often Fundies discuss their dreams. That seems like something we might associate with New Age or Eastern religion types. I had no idea this sort of thing was so incredibly popular.

Take it for what it's worth. Youtube can be a series of rabbit holes. These are interesting to me and I hope they interest you.





No comments: