Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Primaries

This blog has not endorsed too many primary candidates although I do prefer Bob Smith to RINO Scott Brown.

Because it was not as close as some thought it would be (according to the polls) I have not had a lot to say about Mitch McConnell vs. Matt Bevin. I have differences with Mitch but I can summarize him in two words: good enough. Glenn Beck gets all gushy about Matt Bevin but I don't share his enthusiasm. Rand II? Not sure about that.

In Georgia, I am happy to see Saxby Chambliss retire. I don't have time to assess the field of GOP candidates and there is almost certainly going to be a run-off. Meantime, The Dems are reaching into their Royal Family playbook. Michelle Nunn will probably be their nominee. In another country Nunn would be called a duchess of a baroness or something else that would emphasize her lineage. I will always be amazed that people who sincerely renounce privilege and inequality goose step behind a political party devoted to the advancement of inherited privilege and inequality.

Oregon is heating up where the doctor candidate has been accused of spousal abuse and stalking. Arkansas is a done deal for both the Senate and Governor races.

I don't expect a lot of surprises today.

No comments: