Monday, October 10, 2011

Media Monday: How Herman Cain Got Cred

If the primaries were held tomorrow, I would probably vote for Herman Cain. Prior to this interview he was number five or six on my list. But the only way for a candidate of the people to get any traction is for him to be attacked by the news media. The more they hate a candidate, the more popular that candidate becomes. I am not the only one who shares that outlook. Cain's poll numbers have gone through the roof after this attack.

HOW DARE YOU WANDER OFF THE LEFTIST PLANTATION!!!

YES WE CAIN

2 comments:

Hoosierman said...

I haven't made up my mind on Cain yet. Yes, he's a nice guy who can point to some accomplishment in his private life but so can others. Two things trouble me about him. First, he enthusiastically endorsed TARP. See http://004eeb5.netsolhost.com/hc133.htm " The free market purists’ objection to this is that it smacks at government control of the banking industry, which is called nationalization. They are correct. It smacks, but it is not nationalization because that would require the government to own at least 51 percent of the entity for an indefinite period of time." The second things that concerns me is he said if Perry were the nominee he would back him but not 100 percent. If, God forbid, Romney is the nominee I will back him 100 percent and I expect the same from every candidate. He should be campaigning in Iowa now but he's on a book tour. He can't win Iowa without a huge expenditure of time which he seems unwilling to commit. He can't win big media buy Florida unless he raises some serious cash and fast. I'm not sure if he wants the job badly enough. Maybe he's running for veep.

BOSurvivor said...

All valid points. But with Palin out of the way, we need to find a candidate the media HATE! If MSNBC just goes through the motions in trashing our candidate, we have probably made a bad choice.