Tuesday, November 2, 2010

How I Voted

I am a registered unaffiliated voter in New Hampshire. These days I usually vote Republican but I am not a Republican. With that intro, here is how I voted.

For governor, I voted for Democrat Governor Lynch (his first name escapes me and I am too lazy to look it up.) I am phiosphically opposed to votingstraight ticket because I am opposed to political fundamentalism. I don't mind fiscally conservative Democrats and if we don't vote for the moderate types than what's to keep the whole party from becoming Pelosi puppets? Admittedly, if the Tea Party type had won the GOP primary I might have thought differently about this. As it is, I voted for Lynch, a gentleman and a man seemingly possessing common sense.

For senator, I voted for the Libertarian. I do not like Ayotte, despite her endorsement from Sarah Palin. The GOP had some viable Tea Party candidates in the primary, as well as the constituional conservative and great guy, Ovide Lamontaigne (Spelling? He would have gotten last place if it was a write-in campaign.) As mentioned previously, we chatted at the only Tea Party I ever attended and he impressed me. I voted for him and Ayotte won.
Admittedly, if the race was closer, I would bite the bullet and vote for Ayotte over the Pelosi monster the Dems put forth. He's a scary dude. But I voted for the Libby whose name I forget.

Now we come to the main course. I voted for Guinta for Congress. I know verylittle about him. He is/was mayor of Manchester and more importantly he is running against Carol Shea-Porter. The latter qualification sealed the deal. I would have voted for Alfred E. Newman over Porter. I would have crawled over broken glass to vote for OJ Simpson if he were the only candidate opposing Porter. I have never voted against anyone as vigorously as I voted against that monster who happens to be Pelosi's most loyal subordinate.
I am not usually visceral with my distaste for candidates but in Porter's case I have made an exception. You won't see any town hall meetings with this monster because she did phone conferences instead. But our relationship hit a nadir when I emailed her a point by point objection to Obamacare and she replied with a form letter email. I don't know if she broke a sweat when she delegated the form letter reply, but I can tell you I was not impressed.
Porter is EVERYTHING that is wrong with America. She was a social worker before going to Congress but she is as arrogant and entitled as any Kennedy or Daley or Cuomo. Arguably, she is more arrogant. Most of the priveleged Dems represent districts where they more or less reflect the will of the people. Porter is at best indifferent and more likely contemptuous of the will of the people.
No matter how the races turn out nationwide, if Porter wins, I will be miserable. On the other hand, if she loses, the silver lining will accomodate any sized cloud.
Go go Guinta. Or whatever the hell your name is.

On the rest of the ballot except one, I voted Republican. I don't like the direction the Dems have taken Blue Hampshire. Their misocapnic policies almost ran my friend out of business. He happens to own a tavern. Places like the VFW and the Polish Club are exempt from the smoking ban. So guess what happened to my friend's Happy Hour business? You guessed it. It tanked. That is just one grievance I have with the state Dems.

The lone exception to the non-GOP down-ticket choices was for sheriff. I voter for the woman who was running as an Independent. I know nothing about her but my experience is that anyone who runs for sheriff as an independent is eccentric in an amusing sort of way. Maybe she will register carnivores instead of sex offenders. I don't know. That's just speculation. I knew zero about the two major candidates, so I threw the dice.

As this is posted I am slightly nervous. I took the day off from work and I wanted to do a few errands. They won't get done. I just cannot concentrate on anything other than the results. Come on, seven-thirty.

No comments: