Wednesday, August 19, 2009

All Town Hall All The Time

When I started this blog I was going to cover a multitude of topics. For better or for worse, I got sidetracked by the Town Hall phenomenon. Initially, I thought town hall meetings were a of tangental interest. There would be a few boisterous peasants shouting their concerns and then they would fade away. That's been the history of every political movement I have ever witnessed. People get fired up and blow off steam but ultimately they find themselves face to face with the god of futility and they return to their peasant ways.

But this is different. It is exciting. It is interesting, especially when the media elite recoil in horror. Check out the recent Niki Tsongas town hall meeting in Chelmsford, Massachusetts.

IN THE BLUE, BLUE STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS

No comments: