Sunday, August 13, 2017

Bye Bye Drudge

"Make America Hate Again"?  Et tu Brute?

Trump does not deserve this sort of disrespect.

I dumped Drudge some time after the election. We were on borrowed time. The net passed him by. When Drudge started in the 90's, he was an original linkmeister, an aggregator as they are sometimes called. In the early days, it made sense to link to MSM sites. They were the only players and they had yet to squander their credibility. Bias? Sure. Patently false? Probably not.

There was no "Breitbart" or "American Thinker" or "Front Page" way back when. Had the big boys and gray ladies not gone full throttle partisan, those sites might not have gotten off the ground.  But they did and they did and I for one, tuned out the MSM. Drudge, meanwhile continued to link to the old news. If I want to read NYT or WAPO, I can find my way there.

For readers who still visit Drudge, I recommend they switch to Bad Blue. Unlike Drudge, Bad Blue reveals the link destination. So if the result is someone you don't trust or have already read, you can ignore it.

Sorry I forgot to say good bye, Drudge. Can't say I miss you.


No comments: