Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The Coolest Site In A Long Time: What Does It Mean?

Remember back in the day when you would find a great website and you could not wait to spread the word. Your friends also had the evangelical fervor. Kind of like 9/11 or the JFK Assassination, I can sometimes recall where I was when I heard about a great website.

 I remember who what and where of hearing about Craigslist. Ann K. told me about it as we crossed paths in Heritage Drive in Salem,MA. My friend John B. told me via the telephone that his wife was making a good side income on ebay. I can remember hearing about Youtube in the car via NPR. I also heard about Jump The Shark via the radio.

 I imagine the rise of social media has changed things. "I got Facebook. Why go elsewhere?" At any rate, it's been a long time since I heard about an original perspective website.

 Roll out the red carpet. Drum roll please. Ladies and gentlemen, I link you to http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/ The site is produced by Putin's trolls. There is a heavy Pro-Russian, Pro-Kremlin, Pro-Putin bias. In other words, they are more objective than CNN.

 We sometimes have to read the British tabs to find out what is going on in America. Now we have a trove of interesting articles from Mother Russia that might have been suppressed by the likes of the Associated Press. The usual caveats apply.

Here is a nice starter link.

No comments: