Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Trump And The PC Backlash

I am of the strong opinion the political correctness is much more insidious than it is made out to be. Now it seems that I am in good company. The Hyper-British intellectual, Paul Johnson, seems to agree with me.

Excerpted from Forbes:
PC has an enormous appeal to the semieducated, one reason that it’s struck roots among overseas students at minor colleges. But it also appeals to pseudo-intellectuals everywhere, since it evokes the strong streak of cowardice notable among those wielding academic authority nowadays.

...
For these reasons it’s good news that Donald Trump is doing so well in the American political primaries. He is vulgar, abusive, nasty, rude, boorish and outrageous. He is also saying what he thinks and, more important, teaching Americans how to think for themselves again.

No one could be a bigger contrast to the spineless, pusillanimous and underdeserving Barack Obama, who has never done a thing for himself and is entirely the creation of reverse discrimination.

5 comments:

Hoosierman said...

Of course it helps to have a perfect foil in Hillary.

Moose said...

The Donald is intelligent and plain-spoken...
If that qualifies him as being "boorish", and any-or-all of the negatives you've used to describe him,
I'll support him any day...
He's a breath of fresh air, as compared to the field of lying sacks-of-shit out there...
He makes them look like the idiots that they are...
End of story...

BOSurvivor said...

Moose, you understand the italicized script is an excerpt from Paul Johnson in Forbes? I guess I didn't clarify that and I certainly am not trying to plagiarize. The first paragraph is mine and then it's the egghead doing the talking. Sorry for any confusion.

Moose said...

Oops... I guess I missed that...
My brain picked up on a few of the more obnoxious "key words" and I took it from there...
So, please allow me to re-address my comments to Paul Forbes...

Moose said...

And my apologies to you!...