Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Heartbreaker: P. J. O'Rourke Endorses Hillary

I don't use the term hero, lightly but P. J. O'Rourke is on my short list of heroes. I loved that guy.

When the question comes up, "who is the funniest?"  the entertainment press usually comes back with someone like "Robin Williams." This is not an insult to the deceased giant but comedians in general are not funny to me. It's a longer tangent than I care to pursue right now but without trying we can all rattle off a list of unfunny comedians.

The funniest people of my lifetime, and this is subject to revision but off the cuff:

1. Gary Larson.

2. P. J. O'Rourke.

3. Howard Stern.

4. Larry David.

5. Howie Carr.

Returning to P. J., he has endorsed Hillary. Admittedly, he has fallen off my radar in recent years. I had heard that he was on NPR and I learned this morning that he was working for "Weekly Standard." No wonder we parted company. Sad to say but P. J. looks like an over the hill starlet who will sleep with anyone who says they can make him a star.

This might be a lesson about laying down with pigs

No comments: