Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Stossel Touts Cruz Campaign Brilliance But...

This is a John Stossel column trumpeting Ted Ctuz's high tech campaign. A lot of Stossel's "Town Hall" pieces promote whatever he happens to be doing at the time on Fox Business Network. It sometimes seems Stossel has a monopoly on common sense but this is not one of those times.

For all the praise heaped on the campaign, it is my perception that the compliments are overstated. Maybe the Cruz campaign saw New Hampshire as unwinnable and their goal was to hold the fort while spending $18/vote and moving on to the south with deeper pockets than the competition. OK, but while in New Hampshire, couldn't they have put up a better fight?

Stossel claims that Cruz's campaign locates potential supporters and concentrates their efforts on getting them to the polls. Point taken but I did not get one call from the campaign. That is all the more remarkable because I volunteered my time for the campaign, left my number and I did not get one call from them. Zero. Meanwhile, Hillary's peeps called me about a half dozen times (actually they called a "Judith" who seems to have left them the wrong number.)

Of course it remains to be seen how smart the Cruz campaign really is but as of this writing I, for one, am not impressed.

No comments: