Thursday, February 4, 2016

No One Goes To Trump Rallies. They're Too Crowded

So the Donald was in town today and I was unable to see him. Of course, I would have had to arrive at 8 AM to maybe, just maybe, get admitted to an event that started at noon. I arrived after Trump left the building and they were still detouring traffic. I parked about a quarter mile away.

There were a lot of stragglers. Lots of old-timers in red "Make America Great Again" hats. I talked with a middle-aged woman who had arrived at 10 AM and was denied admission. She planned to see him Saturday night at the Verizon Center in Manchester because it seats about 10,000.

Some hecklers made it into the crowd and I respect them for their determination. The town hall was set up with press barricades. There was almost no room at all for spectators.

The sideshows are often better than the center ring. There was some pro-Palestinian group as well as  non-Zionist Orthodox Jews. Trump wigs seem to be selling almost as well as Trump hats. I saw a few media middleweights, Boston TV people and the like. I went to a nearby coffee shop and there were even more media types with notebooks and laptops.

Whatever else can be said for Donald Trump, he has boosted the local economy.

No comments: