Friday, January 15, 2016

I Love New York and New Yorkers But I Do Not Like New York Values

I have family in New York and man, I love that place. A silly myth about New Yorkers is that they are unfriendly. They are the friendliest people on Planet Earth. They are loyal and courageous and their personalities are larger than other people's personalities. You literally cannot visit the city without meeting a bigger than life character. Go there and you will meet someone you will never forget. You might meet a few you would like to forget but most of them you will recall fondly for the rest of your life.

There is much to be said about New York and New Yorkers but the fact is about 8,000 citizens move out of the state of New York every month. It isn't always sunshine and low-paying jobs that lures people out of the Empire State. The common people are treated like livestock by the Bloombergs and Cuomos and de Blasios.

I had intended to write a post defending Ted Cruz's comments but the Senator speaks better for himself than I can. Dig his apology:

From "Dallas Morning News"

“I apologize to the hard working men and women of the state of  New York who’ve been denied jobs because Gov. Cuomo won’t allow fracking,” Cruz continued. “I apologize to all the pro-life and pro-marriage and pro-Second Amendment New Yorkers who were told by Gov. Cuomo that they have no place in New York because that’s not who New Yorkers are. I apologize to all of the small businesses who’ve been driven out of New York City by crushing taxes and regulations.

“I apologize to all of the African-American children who Mayor de Blasio tried to throw out of their charter schools instead of providing a lifeline ot the American dream. And I apologize to all the cops and the firefighters and 9/11 heroes who had no choice but to stand and turn their backs on Mayor de Blasio because Mayor de Blasio over and over again stands with the looters and criminals rather than the brave men and women of blue.”

“Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton and Andrew Cuomo and Bill de Blasio have all demanded an apology and I am happy to apologize. I apologize to the millions of New Yorkers who have been let down by liberal politicians in that state,” Cruz told reporters as he left the University of South Carolina.

 I wish there were more apologies like this one.

No comments: