Tuesday, February 3, 2015

William Bennett Vs. Greg Abbott On Common Core

I don't have a dog in this fight. I believe our nation's schools will continue to crank out illiterates and numerically incompetent individuals regardless of what curriculum is advanced. We live in a society where truth does not count for much anymore. If we don't like the fact that two plus two equals four we change the definition of four. Self esteem is preserved, problem solved.

I started bashing William Bennett a couple of decades ago. Nothing personal. In fact, I admire his opportunism. Prior to Barack Obama no one ever refuted the Peter Principle so brazenly. And I respect William Bennett's over achievement. Like Rosie O'Donell, he has done so much with so little talent. These people are unsinkable. I bet they both someday rise from the dead to guest on future talk shows.

William Bennett is the guy Codevilla warned us about. He might present as the paragon of virtue (I think he owns the copyright on that word) but don't be surprised if he is playing footsie with Tim Kaine or Cass Sunstein. The GOP is full of mountebanks. William Bennett is just one of the more obvious examples.


ABOVE ALL ELSE, BENNETT IS A WASHINGTON INSIDER

No comments: