Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Very Worst Abuses Uncovered By Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Executive Summary

Two psychologists were paid $81 million to develop the CIA's Enhanced Interrogation Program.

"By 2006, one year after Mitchell, Jessen & Associates was founded, the value of their base contract was “in excess of $180 million,” Senate investigators found. All told, the CIA has spent $81 million on the company’s contract. Some went directly for interrogation services, in amounts that caught the eyes of CIA professionals."

The bloated contract was terminated in 2009. Until now I had not thought of the Obama Administration as fiscal watchdogs. If only they had been as vigilant elsewhere.

I would like to state that I am not even a little bit concerned about the comfort of Khalid Sheik Mohammad. If he was deprived of shut eye, oh well...no use both of us losing sleep over his treatment. Reminds me of when they were going to execute Ted Bundy. All my life I had been an opponent of capital punishment. Bundy changed that. I was not going to be manipulated by the compassion freaks. If I was going to shed tears it would be for the bacteria I killed when I flushed the toilet, not for Ted Bundy. He was such a great poster child for capital punishment and I have been a proponent of that barbaric practice ever since Bundy.

Khalid Sheik Mohammed is the perfect poster child for torture, or if we must, enhanced interrogation. He has helped me to pivot and evolve on that particular subject. But let's talk about abuse and torture inflicted on the American taxpayer. $81 million! We could have gotten a couple of Chicago detectives for a fraction of that cost. They have been great at extracting confessions from both the guilty and the innocent going back decades. They would have gotten Khalid to talk for a couple of bottles of Scotch.

$81 million! Why is no one talking about this abuse? Oh the humanity!!!

No comments: