Saturday, May 10, 2014

Shameless Name Dropping

I was chatting with John Sununu earlier today. I was. I walked into a local drug store when there were probably fewer than five customers. The governor was looking at greeting cards, possibly a Mother's Day card.

I am not inclined to get in the face of famous or infamous people. So I positioned myself in front of the garden hoses (I eventually settled on the Pocket Hose that is three times stronger than the original model that burst on me late last Summer.) Sure enough, the ex Chief of Staff did walk by.

"Governor?" I inquired not one hundred per cent sure it was he.

"How ya doin?" In a not exactly enthusiastic voice.

"It's good to see you," I declared ever so perkily.

"It's good to see you,"  Mr. Chairman mumbled over his shoulder as he walked away.

I later learned that Sununu lives in a neighboring town. Incidentally, he drove away in a Saturn sedan. Not exactly a fat cat ride even when they were a viable company five years ago.


No comments: