Saturday, April 26, 2014

Over Five Years Of Post Obotomy Syndrome

Blogs are convenient but they are limiting. Ideally a blog is either a diary or else an appendage to a website. Even though websites are faster and easier than zines, they are still time consuming. I started this blog because I did not have time to do a website. The plan was to blog until that day arrived when I could spend time on at least one--possibly more-- static sites.

Today I purchased two domain names but I might not ever get them off the ground. One site will largely be a summary of what has been presented here but better organized (blogs by their very nature are hard to navigate. Most visitors don't go beyond page 1 and few ever search the archives.)

In reviewing this blog's archives, I made some observations.

1. CNN and MSNBC have both pulled some of their more fawning, sycophantic moments. Some of them have been reposted by others but a few classics seem to be off Youtube. Anyone remember The "Lincoln come to life" comparison that CNN used to describe Obama's candidacy? I can't find that one anywhere.

2. I don't know how blogger keeps score of readers but several of my 2009 posts have zero readers ( I kept a blog going before I told anyone about it because I wanted a body of work for the new reader to be able to peruse.) and yet they have comments attached to the post. I realize the visitor is not tested on the material and so no, one does not technically have to read the post before commenting, but in each situation the non-reading commentator seemed to understand the content of the post.

I think there were more observations but I am getting sleepy.

I hope to post some blasts from the past as I continue to review the last five years.

No comments: