Saturday, December 21, 2013

"Russia Times" Interviews Steven Seagal

It perplexes me, it bothers me, it annoys me, it pains me, it tortures me to compare Russia to the USA. Russia has risen, we have fallen. In everything that matters, Russia now surpasses the USA.

Russia has a superior human rights record. Pussy Riot or Gary Kasparov might garner headlines but I don't know of any Lois Lerners or her equivalent in Russia. If Russia is doing wholesale spying in the style of NSA, I am unaware of it. Russia is headed by an intellectual. We are headed by an overgrown college sophomore. Russia fights terrorism. We change the terminology. We have a punitive, counterproductive tax system based largely on revenge for imagined wrongs. Russia has a flat tax of 13%.

We could go on and on but one measure of decline and fall is that America no longer has a free press. OK, maybe it is free but it is usually incompetent, always cowardly, always biased. Americans have to go to places like "Russia Times" to find out what is happening in their homeland. That is a tragedy that cannot be put into words.

WHY DO WE HAVE TO GO ALL THE WAY TO RUSSIA TO FIND AN AMERICAN WHO WILL STATE THE OBVIOUS ABOUT CNN?

No comments: