Tuesday, August 27, 2013

War on Syria? HELL NO!!!!

I am not saying Middle East politics is simple by any means. What is absolutely essential is that we display clear principles and consistency of action. We have neither.

Remember when we told that electing Obama would improve the USA's standing in the world? Insert laugh track here. I could explain the Bush foreign policy in a couple of sentences. I can't begin to understand lead from behind/Arab Spring/return to 1967/ launch Tomahawks when we don't know what else to do Obama administration policies. Can anyone explain the logic of the smartest man in the world as his actions pertain to the Middle East?

Assad is no saint but I will take him over the Syrian rebels. I would rather have sarin in Assad's hands than in the clutches of Hezbollah. We have a powder keg on our hands and unfortunately we handed the matches to the walking refutation of the Peter Principle. Is anyone optimistic?








No comments: