Saturday, August 3, 2013

Now That CNN Has Defected From The 'Rage Brought On By A Youtube Video A Few Dozen People Watched' Coalition...

On November 9 of last year, I posted a Glenn Beck video wherein Beck he states that the real story behind Benghazi is that the CIA (or rogue elements of CIA) were running guns to Syrian rebels. The original post was entitled "To Be Taken With A Grain of Salt But Certainly More Fact-Based Than The Romney Smears"

Then, as now (and as long as I breathe) I was embittered by the ignoble and dishonest means in which Obama defeated Romney. In short, he did what he always does. He lied and he lied maliciously. Then as now, I believe we should take the high road of honesty but we had to be more negative. Negative falsehoods won the country for Obama and his band of compulsive liars. We should be negative but truthful.

But I digress. I probably would not have posted the vid prior to the election because Beck is not revealing his sources and his claims seemed far-fetched. However, as I have previously noted, Beck's claims were more worthy of daylight than the blatant falsehoods Obama spread against Mitt Romney. So in light of CNN's recent revelations (talk about a shock wave but then again the election is long gone) I decided to repost the Beck video.

As is often the case, the video disappeared from Youtube. Happens all the time. This might be a slightly longer version than the original.
.

Beck's assertions remind me of the JFK assassination in that the theories cancel each other out. You cam have Cubans OR the Mafia but you cannot have Cubans AND the Mafia. The president was either derelict of duty or perhaps he just has a soft spot for Muslim terrorists and thus provided the stand down order. However, if the president was up to his neck in gun running, it would seem that he would have done whatever needed to be done to aggressively subdue the attack.

I believed that the president, for whatever reason, could not be bothered with a distraction so trivial and as a result of his indifference, four Americans died. Wasn't this evening in Benghazi referred to as a 'bump in the road?' Thus, I was dismissive of Glenn Beck's gun running accusation.

Then came January and Rand Paul grills Secretary of State Clinton. I was watching the hearing live and my jaw dropped when Paul asked Hillary about Benghazi being a staging area for gun running. Watch this video.



Hillary seems to be taken aback by the direct questioning. She then answers in what might seem to be a non-perjurious manner. But ultimately she denied any knowledge of gun running. Rand Paul took some heat for roughing up his social superior and for getting his questions from the blogosphere. Once more, the blogosphere (and Glenn Beck) are way ahead of the curve.

After  Paul's grilling I anxiously awaited for Benghazi to unravel. I thought by now Congress would have some answers. I heard all sorts of rumors about the Republicans slowing down the investigation to time its conclusion closer to the 2014 election. We were all growing impatient.

Now CNN has broken a CIA covert operations story. Part of me wants to cheer but the better part is saying "what's their angle?" Are they trying to Benghazi off the table once before the 2014 elections? Are they going to scapegoat rogue agents who defied our noble leaders? I don't know. I don't know. I don't know.

We are approaching the one year anniversary of the massacre. Maybe, just maybe, CNN or Congress or Glenn Beck will connect the dots for us. I can dream, can't I?

No comments: