Friday, August 9, 2013

Florida State Attorney Will Investigate the Shooting of Ibragim Todashev

Finally someone in Florida is showing a little back bone. State Attorney Jeff Ashton announced he will investigate the FBI shooting of Ibragim Todashev. His office is reviewing a preliminary report by the federal Department of Justice about its investigation into the death of Todashev last May.
Abdulbaki Todashev, the victim's father who has come to the US to seek justice for his son has been contacted by the FBI.
Three people from the FBI came, but they just showed their ID cards. They didn’t say their names and didn’t let me take a photo of the cards when I said I didn’t know who they were. I refused to talk to them because they said they didn’t have anything on me and just wanted to talk. I answered that I, on the contrary, had a lot on them and said we would talk at a law firm. But they didn’t want to go there and just left.
I don't blame him. If I were he I wouldn't talk to the FBI without an armed guard.

No comments: