Saturday, August 17, 2013

Concord, New Hampshire Police Chief Calls Free Staters Domestic Terrorists

This one hits close to home. I live in New Hampshire but I am not affiliated with the Free State Project. I have met a few of the members and I like every one I have met. Yes, they do have a few attention seekers who disrupt court proceedings and do the stupid Gandhi passive resistance thing that never appealed to me and never made any sense to me.

The typical Free Stater is bookish and passive. Yes, they do believe in the Second Amendment, oh yes, but so does every granny in this state. I am one of the minority who has never owned a firearm. I know of zero acts of aggression committed by Free Staters. Zero. Well, a few have walked the streets of Keene with a pocket full of quarters to feed expired parking meters. I am not sure if that is why the peaceful city of 23,409 received its own militarized vehicle but it could have been a factor.

Meanwhile, the Concord, New Hampshire Police Chief has applied for a DHS grant to receive an armored vehicle. He cites the presence of Free Staters to justify the need for the militarization of a city of 42, 695.

Here is the statement from Free State Project President, Carla Gericke:  The Concord NH Police Department has made false and misleading statements in a grant application for $258,024 in federal funds from the Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”) to receive a Lenco Bearcat armored vehicle, hereinafter the “Tank.”

See the whole story below.

http://freekeene.com/2013/08/02/free-state-project-president-demands-apology-from-concord-city-pd/

Here is a multimedia overview of the controversy.
http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/08/police-chief-calls-free-state-project-members-domestic-terrorists/

No comments: