Thursday, July 25, 2013

My Worst Weiner Fears Have Been Realized

I am a curmudgeon. A grouch. I am no fun to be around even on a sunny day. Miserable Me.

And I can go from baseline grouch to toxic company in 3.6 seconds. The descent is faster than the pull of gravity. What causes this rapid descent? Widespread stupidity.

I knew this was going to happen. Another Weiner scandal and there would be no avoiding the onslaught of stupidity this time. All over the media we get a version of "Why do women stay with men who cheat?"

Anthony Weiner is not distinctive because he "cheats." He is distinctive because he is a perverted exhibitionistic weirdo who sends naked pictures of himself across the Internet. I am not aware that he has "cheated" in the physical sense of the term. I am not sure if anyone would want him in the physical sense. He is a walking creep show and I bet a lot of women share my opinion.

Can media people make these subtle distinctions? Are they just understating how disturbing this story happens to be because the wife in question happens to be a powerful Democrat? I don't think so. I think they're just pulling my chain.

No comments: