Sunday, June 23, 2013

Some Of My Best Friends Are Illegal Immigrants

Some of my best friends are indeed illegal immigrants. Those are the ones whose status I can verify. I suspect that a lot of acquaintances are also here illegally but those are merely hunches.

I have flip-flopped on the illegal immigrant issue. I used to be an open borders guy. They are just doing the work Americans will not do and so on. In the not too distant past, illegal immigrants could not collect government benefits. Nada. Nil. Zilch. As I saw it, illegal immigrants were here to work and work hard. If they ceased working they would have to go home. Nice and simple.

I first reconsidered my liberal viewpoint after September 11, 2001. I changed a lot of my opinions on that day. It wasn't even an overnight change of opinion. By noon of that day I was much more conservative on a multitude of issues. But mostly, I became a tight border guy. We got our wake up call and public safety outweighed the concerns of the overstayers and the gatecrashers. No more Muhamed Atta and his version of hope and change.

The second reason I changed my view on illegal immigrants is that it became crystal clear that invaders had illegally crashed our welfare system and were collecting benefits. They could get free health care, free housing, free food and free education for their kids. I am liberal when it comes to helping out Americans who need help but we cannot support every parasite in the whole world. But liberalism gave way to corruption and millions of illegal immigrants are now bankrupting America.

The third reason I am opposed to illegal immigration is that illegal aliens vote even though that is clearly illegal. This is where the Democratic Party sold its soul. They saw illegal aliens as an untapped voting bloc. They were willing to do whatever it takes to facilitate voting fraud including the once unimaginable practice of allowing a person to vote without identification. The ends justify the means for the Democratic Party and if a jihadist's dozen votes cancel the votes of twelve honest Americans, the Americans will just have to live with hope and change.

I hear that obnoxious radio ad that reminds us that the pathway pack will have to pay a fine. Cut the bullshit. I say let them repay every dollar of government assistance they ever received. If their children attended public schools in say, California, mandate that they reimburse the Golden State for their actual cost to the taxpayer. If they had four children who each spent twelve years in California public schools at a cost of say $10k/year, let them pay the half million to the Broken State before we talk about fines and language skills.

Free public education is one of the big draws of illegal immigrants. As atrocious as American public education has become, it is still probably better than what is offered in say, Mexico. As soon as this current batch of undocumented Democrats are sworn in as citizens, a new tsunami will  arrive. And then another until we are officially drained of resources and our corpse is shrouded.

The following video was originally posted here on 9/23/10. It is still pertinent. It showcases so much that is wrong with America. Not just our immigration policies but the deep, pervasive corruption that puts a smile on the faces of loyal Democrats are displayed in two minutes, forty five seconds.



FLEECE THE TAXPAYER! YES WE CAN!

No comments: