Saturday, May 18, 2013

What I Knew And When I Knew It

There must be a word or phrase or some acronym for the types of email I receive. I get these emails mostly of a political nature that are nothing but a series of links to web sites. Examples of these would be Liberty Crier, Conservative Bytes, Clashdaily, Godfather Politics and Big Health Report.

I should probably note that I don't remember ever subscribing to any of these. But I am the kind of guy who pays for a land line in hopes that telemarketers might call. There is no such thing as spam. It's all good. I rarely unsubscribe to anything. It makes me feel like a big shot to have hundreds of unread emails.

But given the volume of email I receive, it does make it difficult to produce a timeline. Was it 2010 or 2011 or 2012 when I first received links that claimed IRS harassment? Without searching my old email, I cannot give an accurate response.

What I can tell you is that I did click on some of the links and I read credible accounts of IRS harassment that seemed to be politically motivated. For every article I read, at least a half dozen were ignored. Over time, a pattern emerged that would only be acknowledged recently by the respectable media (long after the 2012 elections had been settled.) The IRS, as well as other bureaucracies, was being used to stifle political dissent.

So I have to ask the reader a question. If a reclusive loser who cannot get harassed by Jehovah's Witnesses and who can go for months without receiving one telemarketing call knew of the ongoing harassment of nascent Tea Party organizations, do you think the President of the United States knew? That is a damn good question if I do say so myself.

No comments: