Saturday, May 11, 2013

The IRS Friday Apology To Tea Party and Patriot Groups: Why Throw In The Towel When Your Opponent Is Bowed And Bleeding?


 There are plenty of reasons to reject Barack Obama. In a post after the 2012 election I trimmed the list to ten.


1. Gross incompetence.

2. Obama's ongoing expressions of Anti-Americanism.

3. Obama's lust for power.

4. Obama's abuse of power.

5. Widespread corruption.

6. The constant promotion of hate and rancor especially the false charges of racism directed at anyone who dares to criticize the One.

7. Obama's unending arrogance.

8. Superficiality over substance.

9. The practice of chronic duplicity and dishonesty such as this country has never before witnessed.

10. A disturbed and disturbing personality.

Number 4, Obama's abuse of power, scares me more than all others. We have a tyrant surrounded by thugs. In 2010, Tea Party groups carried the election. In 2012 these same groups were hobbled by ongoing IRS harassment. Obama. Game. Set. Match.

I reiterate that I don't understand the intricacies of politics. Why is this blatant abuse of power revealed NOW? I am not sure if I am channeling my inner Hillary or my inner Carney but the time to address this Nixonian nightmare was when it took place.

I am more angry with Fox News/ talk radio/the GOP than I am with the White House/IRS. Unlike say, Benghazi, this was not a one timer. I cannot count the number of emails I received revealing the ongoing IRS harassment. This was common knowledge. The Obama Administration's widespread, blatant abuses of power were ignored by both friend and foe. Six months after a corrupted election, the IRS apologizes to the aggrieved. Huh?

This was an ongoing scandal perpetrated in broad daylight, over and over and over. Does anyone, even the most ardent Obot, believe that the White House was not orchestrating this scandal? Can any member of the press deny that they participated in covering-up what might yet be the biggest scandal in US history? Does anyone, anywhere, believe that the election was not ultimately affected by the brains of the White House working in tandem with the brawn of the IRS?

I don't understand why the IRS suddenly admitted what everyone knew. That is genuinely puzzling to me. Barack Obama is the only national politician in my lifetime who could lie and cheat with impunity. The groin-sniffing press could have kept up appearances forever. You got away with crimes innumerable and you had friends in high places who could fix any future problem for you. The flowers were abloom on Easy Street.

Why, oh why, did you throw in the towel when you had the fight in the bag? Why?

No comments: