Tuesday, April 30, 2013

42% Don't Know Obamacare Is Law

" Look out, brother, for that long black train" Those are the words of Josh Turner but they could has easily been from retiring Senator Max Baucus. As chairman of the Senate Finance Committee  Baucus gets maximum credit/blame for Obamacare and after weeks of running about predicting a train wreck he finally threw in the towel and announced his retirement. He fell on his sword for Obamacare. Why the panic? It wasn't as if operatives from the DNC visited his office and mentioned while leaving. "Herr Baucus, ve haft left your luger on your desk.Ve trust you  will know what to do with it." It's a good guess that the Senator pays more attention to polls, especially in the next election, than we do so he might have had a hint what the latest Kaiser Family Foundation Poll would find.
For starters with less than 200 days until melt down rollout 42% of Americans are not aware that it's the law. Some 12 percent believe the law has been repealed by Congress, 7 percent believe it has been overturned by the Supreme Court and 23 percent say they don’t know enough to say what the status of the law is but could probably recite, if Kaiser would only ask, the names of Tom Cruise's ex-wives in chronological or alphabetical order.
Then there is the question of popularity. This month, 35 percent report a favorable view, 40 percent an unfavorable view, and a full 24 percent report they have  no opinion on the law.
To make the damn thing work millions of younger, healthy, Americans have to sign up to pay exorbitant premiums to subsidize the break older and less healthy Americans receive on their policies. If 42% of our friends on the lower end of the bell curve aren't aware that Obamacare even exists Barack Obama and Kate Sebelius have their work cut out for them, selling unaffordable insurance to the remaining 58% who know what Obamacare is but of which 40% oppose it and another 24% probably will when they hear the price. This is a train wreck!

No comments: