Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My Facebook Goodbye

I couldn't stand to see my family and friends spike the football in the USA's end zone, so I left Facebook. Yes, I did view this as the Dems vs. America and of course, America lost. As mentioned in a post long ago I had a greater sense of defeat following last year's Super Bowl. This really was more like watching a friend drink himself to death.

We lost and the high rollers and office holders won but I don't see this as a victory for your average Democrat. They also lost but they just don't know it yet. After the results were declared I sent off a "Rest In Peace, America" on Facebook. It got a couple of likes and a scolding from a woman I used to work with (put on your big boy pants and move on.) I had written a long, embittered screed that I wisely did not post. I will edit it and post it here later. Here is my Facebook goodbye.

I will be closing this account later today. America is in debt $100k per taxpayer ($50,000 per person) on target to become $150k per taxpayer in just four years. We do not grasp the enormity of the situation. Instead, we hit the snooze alarm and pat ourselves on the backs for being so open minded. The economic and social consequences are dire but we do have a right to ignore them and I respect your right to do so. If I stick around, I will get caught up in flame wars and that won't serve anyone. America needs to wake up but it's not my job to wake you up. Enjoy your hope and change.

A little sarcastic maybe but in context to with the stuff posted by Obots, it was pretty tame. I don't think I will be missed at Facebook.

No comments: