Sunday, November 4, 2012

It's a Jonestown Thing. You Wouldn't Understand

I am perplexed. I was miffed at Obama's popularity in 2008 but I thought his fan base would jump ship following a disatrous first term. He is one of the very worst presidents--and when the dust clears he might yet be the worst president--in US history and the Kool-Aid just keeps on flowing.

Obama doubled gas prices once and he will probably do it again. He is no friend of the dollar and unemployment remains at depression levels. And yet, he has his loyal followers. And his personality...The so called quips about bayonets and battleships that came across like a ten year old saying "so's your mother." "Romnesia." "You didn't build that." And my personal favorite: the pimping of his mother's memory to advance his own political agenda. Of the 39 discovered fabrications in his first biography, none make me bristle like the lie that his mother died at the hands of greedy insurance companies. Liar!

Maybe someday a loyal Obama follower will share their inside information about what makes their deity so appealing. But I still won't understand. I have been living in "The Twilight Zone" for four years trying to figure out why otherwise rational people can follow an empty suit over a cliff. Maybe it's just a Jonestown thing. In that case, I wouldn't understand.

No comments: