Friday, October 12, 2012

The Vice Presidential Debate: Audio vs. Video

Once more I listened to the debate on the radio. I listened in snippets at it transpired. Then I listened to post-debate analyisis. Finally, I listened to about the first fifteen minutes of the debate. I think I got the gist of it.

So I missed out on all the smirking and Biden silliness. Toss out those circus antics and one might think Uncle Joe won the debate. Not to my ears. Ryan came across as polite and prepared. I could see where a Jerry Springer fan might think he underperformed but I heard a man who sounded confident and knowledgable without sounding the least bit patronizing. No zingers but maybe the strategy was to avoid a food fight.

Biden sounded desperate. The same silly ass talking points over and over and over. If anyone was playing that drinking game where everyone chugs when you hear "47 per cent" they are probably nursing a serious hangover today. If Obama loses the elction, Biden will catch flack for not saving the day. But Biden senses a Humpty Dumpty situation. Let the record show that he did what he could to save the annointed one.

Romney did not lose any ground nor did he lose any momentum. I am not sure his opponent can make the same claim.

1 comment:

Hoosierman said...

I can't imagine Biden thought his idiotic behavior helped the ticket. At one point I thought he was trying to show off his dentures. He struck Clara and myself as some kind of literal jackass. I can't wait to see Obama's new tactics. Maybe he'll fart.