Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Don't Underestimate Joe Biden

I hope Paul Ryan does not underestimate Joe Biden. The latter does have that unique gift of connecting with people. If a curmudgeon like me likes someone, that someone is probably a gifted charmer, if only on a superficial level. 

Let me state with zero irony that I like and respect Joe Biden. He is a good man, an excellent family man, a great American and yes, Joe Biden is a patriot. I can remember a few years back, Joe Biden got all choked up talking at Arlington Cemetery. If it had been someone else, I would have said his emotions were staged. But Joe Biden is incapable of deception. WYSIWYG.

So what if Joe Biden is wrong about everything. So is most of my family. And yes, if America were a sitcom, Joe Biden would be Kremer. But let us not forget that Cosmo Kremer was a noble and loyal friend. People loved Kremer.

Paul Ryan has to be careful when he debates Joe Biden. Romney has the momentum and Ryan can't let it slip away. I hope he takes the debate seriously because Biden might just steal the evening. WYSIWYG.

No comments: