Saturday, October 6, 2012

At Least We Don't Have To Worry About Them Entering The Workforce!

OK, I'll admit it. I was pretty damned stupid-looking in my youth. That's because I was stupid. So were my friends. Real stupid. Real, real stupid. Real, real, real stupid.

But we had some sort of safety net of common sense that protected us from hitting the depths that these morons have hit. One thing missing from my youth was a celebrity cult leader. Yes we had Jim Jones and Sun Yung Moon and some more forgettable figures. They harvested desperate souls and lonely hearts but the media kept these megalomaniacs in check.

Barack Obama is the first media-sanctioned cult leader. I sometimes wonder if we had a cult leader in my youth who enjoyed favorable media saturation, if we would have fallen for his silliness? I genuinely believe my generation would not have been so vulnerable. The contrarian spirit was alive and well and we still railed against "conformity" and other perceived threats to individuality, or in my particular case, threats to individualism. "Follow The Leader" was not a popular activity nor a popular sentiment.

The unfairness of life. Elephants are slaughtered for their tusks because fools believe they contain aphrodisical properties. Girls are still subjected to institutionalized genital mutilation. In other parts of the world baby girls are euthanized. Christians and Jews are murdered for being Christians and Jews. And Barry can't use his teleprompter!

 Oh the humanity!



WHY NOT JUST LET BILL CLINTON STAND IN FOR HIM?
 

1 comment:

Hoosierman said...

Our family was pretty resistant to celebrities and I think that came from Dad. Did you realize this was the 91st Fall Festival? Clara and I were down there this afternoon and they had more food booths than ever. Some lines, such as for brain sandwiches were too long to wait but the deep fried green beans with ranch dressing were good. We ate all we could and bought rib-eye sandwiches and kuchen to take home. Great day!