Thursday, March 8, 2012

When You Have Been Away From The Keyboard For A Few Weeks...

You do miss out on a few things.

Final word on Limbaugh and Fluke:

I am no dittohead but I listen to Limbaugh for about an hour/day when I am commuting or running errands. Whatever else can be said about the King of Radio, he is more truthful than the mainstream media. He has to be. Double standards abound. He is usually more polite than the mainstream media for the same reason.

When Limbaugh goes to commercial or worse, when he weaves a sponsor into his narrative, I change channels. Same too, when he discusses a topic that does not interest me. When he attacked Ms. Fluke, I listened for a while and then changed channel. What I vaguely remember is that each time I switched back to Limbaugh he was still bashing Fluke.

I found this ongoing pummeling confusing. I am extremely biased but there is a part of me that is a frustrated focus group administrator. I genuinely want to understand what people think. I am curious about their mental processes. So I was puzzled as to why this woman struck a nerve with Limbaugh. He just could not seem to let it go. He did not approve of her lifestyle and he let it be known over and over and over.

Why did Fluke aggravate Limbaugh as much as she did? I have no idea. I would say that it's the same reason why Palin and Bachmann bring out the hate in a lot of men. I don't understand it but I accept the existence of the phenomenon.

Limbaugh is sometimes given to introspection but he will not share with us the basis of his hostility. This was not Hillary or Pelosi or Sergeant Wasserman Schultz. It was a civilian who would have faded into obscurity before the weekend was finished. Why did Limbaugh bite on this pabulum bait?

I don't know.
I don't know.
I don't know.

No comments: