Saturday, January 7, 2012

Stuck On The Sidelines With a Dead Battery

This was going to be the year that I was going to haul around my Handycam and capture some footage of candidates for my blog. Schedule constraints (read work) prevented me from doing so. But I did take off the Friday and Monday before the primary in hopes of capturing some of the festivities. Come Friday I could not find the charger for my video cam.

Understand, it has been two years since I used my cam. I had moved and threw a lot of stuff in storage. After a two hour search I called Sony. Bad news. The AC charger cost more than I had expected. About $120. And it would be back ordered for 3-4 weeks. The salesman, Mark offered another option. A travel charger that allows one to charge the removable battery for only $48, deliverable this coming Tuesday.

A silver lining to be sure but I will not be capturing unique video this election cycle. Manchester is hopping tonight. 600 media outlets will be in attendance not counting bloggers and other amateurs. In 2008 I wore a white shirt and a tie and was surprised how much access I was granted the night before the election. Not this time.

So I guess I will watch the circus on Youtube this year. Chris Christie and Mitt are having a pep rally across town tomorrow. I might drop in on that.

It would have been fun but I plead sour grapes. Romney's going to win and it's cold outside. Sigh.

No comments: