Saturday, January 7, 2012

Newt For President

I will vote for Newt Gingrich in the New Hampshire primary on Tuesday. I have already written about "Ron Paul and Me" as well as my mistrust of free spending Rick Santorum and all of his 2000-2006 cronies. I think Mitt Romney is a good man and he seems to be everyone's second choice. Something tells me I might get yet another chance to vote for Mitt.

The news media awards Bill Clinton all the credit for the financial boom and balanced budgets of the 1990's. Fact is, he could not have done it without Newt. Yes, Newt was run out of town by his own party but those bums ultimately betrayed America. Newt should wear this distinction as a badge of honor. "The Anti-Tom Delay" might not roll off the tongue but someone should be rewarded for filling this niche.

Yes, Newt is a lightning rod. Some of it is deserved and some of it is long in his past. Of all of the GOP candidates, Newt is the closest to the Anti-Obama. For that reason, I will vote for Newt.

A note about New Hampshire. Perhaps more than any place in the US, New Hampshire likes to prove the pollsters wrong. The polls had Romney in front in 2008 and he blew it to McCain. For whatever reason New Hampshire voters dislike being told what course they will chart. Graniteheads are stubborn, stubborn, stubborn.

I predict a Romney win but I doubt if it will be the 40% that the smart guys have forecasted. One of the NonMitts will surprise the pundits. Most likely, that NonMitt is Newt Gingrich.

No comments: