Monday, November 22, 2010

Postscript: Sarah Palin's TV Show

In an age of remote control, we frequently watch programming we did not intend to watch. Such is the case with "Sarah Palin's Alaska." Unforeseen events directed me to the living room and while there I flipped the TV to the football game. It was the 4th quarter of a close game (Giants v. Eagles) but there was a disputed call and I knew how long those things can drag on.

So I flipped over to Sarah Palin. In this episode the Governor and her oldest daughter, Bristol, help some commercial halibut fishermen. I had no idea that halibut were so big. But the coolest thing is that once you land them on deck, you have to whack them in the head with a billy club to kill them, careful not to miss the head and damage the meat.

They tastefully edited the film (sigh) but we get a glimpse of Sarah clubbing a halibut. She then orders her daughter to club the next hooked fish. El kabong! I retract my statement that I could never find this show interesting. It was a slice of heaven.

I don't hide my love and respect for Sarah Palin and yes, I hope she runs in 2012. Viewing her show has galvanized my affection for this tough broad. Run Sarah Run!

No comments: