Sunday, November 7, 2010

Friedman vs. Donahue

The problem with this setup is that Friedman could answer Donahue's question a dozen different ways and they would all make sense. While I cannot fault Friedman for his thoughtful reply, just once I wish someone would take the limousine liberals to task. Phil Donahue made millions every year by advertising products directed at his female audience. Was that not exploitation? If Phil is so opposed to capitalism, why did he not take a vow of poverty? A lot of people have gone down that road. If that is too extreme, why not work for PBS at PBS wages? Or refuse to work for more than the US median income? Or the world median income?

This vid is only 2 plus minutes and yet there is no much contained herein. One, is Donahue's body language. I am not an expert in this subject but here Phil reminds me of one of my high school teachers who was a leftist and a condescending know it all. They share some of the same mannerisms including the feigned listening pose. I like Friedman but Donahue weirds me out to the point that I have a hard time watching this.

Uggghh.

PHIL ESTABLISHES HIS SMUG CRED

No comments: