Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Predictions for The Election: House + 62. Senate + 9.

This is as unscientific a prediction as you will ever find but here goes. I predict that the Republicans will pick up 62 House Seats and 9 Senate Seats.
I actually maed those predictions in the spring but I did not feel the need to shout them to the heavens. Since then I have done periodic re-evaluations and the numbers don't change that much. Remove Connecticut and Washington comes into play. Remove Delaware and West Virginia comes into play. Same thing with the House and the Senate.

One more prediction. The spin cycle will be as turbulent as we have ever seen. Look for MSNBC to shout that A) It wasn't as bad as predicted. B) Every party faces midterm setbacks. C) Phil N. Deblanc lost. The champagne will flow when the shaved Marxist steps up to the podium.

Oh, one more prediction. In November 2008 I wrote and rewrote but never published my bold, courageous prediction that Barack Obama would be the most divisive president in US History. Even if you don't want to give me retro-credit for that prediction and even if you say I was just pointing out the obvious, OK. Point taken.

Let me now say that the divide will widen, if not in number, then certainly in passion. You ain't seen nothing yet!

No comments: