Friday, October 8, 2010

One Page Pledge

I have previously posted comments about the silliness of the GOP's 45 page pledge that reads like a Terms Of Service contract. In that piece I suggested that the GOP follow the lead of Gingrich in 1994 and reduce their proposals to one page. I halfway expected them to adhere to my suggestions.
When they did not I considered getting my own website called something like "OnePagePledge." But I did not do this and the election is in the homestretch.

I will be offline for a few days and that will not contribute to any last second proposals. Here is a rough darft.

1. Appeal/defund Obamacare.

2. Push for health insurance purchases across state lines.

3. Punish states/municipalities that provide non-emergency services to illegal trespassers.

4. Balance the budget by cutting spending.

5. No cap and trade or anything like it.

6. Tax rates will never exceed the optimum rate of return (See Art Laffer)

7. Repeal FinReg

8. Allow drilling in ANWAR and off the East and West Coast.

We can go on and on but some things, like how to conduct war or how to administer border control are more executive than legislative in nature. We can address them in due course.

As I mentioned, I will be offline but I will repost this for the next few days. Feel free to comment about the first draft.

No comments: